1996-07-19 - Re: MSNBC and cookies

Header Data

From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
To: “Peter D. Junger” <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Message Hash: ffc7fcbf414db6bb882000a94a8d223c9e155bed78c213f6bc627c93c15bfa57
Message ID: <m2zq4w2ngl.fsf@deanna.miranova.com>
Reply To: <199607191300.JAA00488@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-19 23:22:01 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 07:22:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 07:22:01 +0800
To: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@pdj2-ra.F-REMOTE.CWRU.Edu>
Subject: Re: MSNBC and cookies

 (About accessing http://www.msnbc.com/ )
Peter> I can confirm it.  I never gave them the cookie.  Had one hell of a
Peter> job backing out.  I don't know what would have happened if I had set
Peter> my cookies file to be read only.

Peter> It's a nuisance, but I suppose there is no reason that a
Peter> commercial service can't do such a thing.  But what happens
Peter> when one tries to access it with Lynx?

You lose!

Typical Microsoft arrogance:
                                                               Welcome to MSNBC

                              Welcome to MSNBC

                                   [LINK]

http://www.msnbc.com/default.asp?

(and the links don't work of course).

Since Lynx is the only browser blind^H^H^H^H^Hvisually challenged
people can use, failure to make a site readable with Lynx is a clear
case of discrimination.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

Thread