1996-07-20 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: ffcb47a5c8073ba33dc94293837f1f93d28b2dd15645a26291ca1c9d9554f37a
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960719015510.1133G-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <199607181704.MAA16235@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-20 11:43:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:43:04 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:43:04 +0800
To: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Timothy C. May wrote:
> > As people as diverse as Marine Colonel Jeff Cooper and Watergate felon G.
> > civilians), .45 ACP +P does a pretty good job. Certain +P .357 Magnum
> > rounds are even better penetrators, but recoil and muzzle blast is pretty
> > severe with these loads.)
> Then I also suggest that you install a metal door and put metal cages on
> your windows.  That will at least give you some time to wake up if
> someone tries to break into your house. Also get a good dog.
> Without that, having a gun will not do you much good. It will be more
> trouble than itis worth because you cannot understand the situation
> quickly enough after you wake up, so you may kill someone peaceful who
> entered your home with good intentions, which will get you in jail.  If
> you had a metal door, you would have enough time to wake up and assess
> the situation.

     While most of what you say about preventing someone from braking in to
your house has a great deal of merit, I strongly challenge the idea that
anyone coming thru a locked door or window at 4 in the morning has "peaceful
intentions". Prudence indicates that you treat such individuals as hostiles
until otherwise proven.

     In otherwords: Bullshit, anyone coming thru a window at 4am is either
a hostile, or you are doing society a favor by removing that person from
the gene pool.

     I may be a little nuts, but does it strike anyone else that a good
self defense weapon against ninja raids would be a hand gernade?

    Seriously, hang it by your bed, and when they break in, grab it. If
they shoot, they die. You are probably already dead. If they don't shoot,
put the pin back in and continue on about your business. A bit of overkill
maybe, but you don't really need to aim all that well.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread