1996-08-03 - Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 00c7f2a0b46b54f392a8b73fda04593aa9a3c244e59c5bc4251dc245f78fdcc6
Message ID: <v02120d03ae2823f85701@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:14:41 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:14:41 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

At 1:52 8/2/96, David Wagner wrote:

>I don't get it.  Help me out here-- how can this possibly be constitutional?
>
>I'm reading the Fourth Amendment to our honored Constitution of the United
>States, which proclaims
>
>        [...]
>        no warrants shall issue,
>        but upon probable cause,
>        supported by oath or affirmation,
>        and *particularly describing the place to be searched*,
>        and the persons or things to be seized.
>
>Are we just to strike out that emphasized phrase?  What's going on here?
>Someone tell me I'm not just having a bad nightmare.

The Fourth Amendment has been abolished by the Supreme Court for all
intends and purposes. It remains listed in the Constitution for historic
reasons only.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.

Thread