1996-08-22 - WinSock Remailer Update

Header Data

From: “Joey Grasty” <jgrasty@gate.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0e4767bb38edc36b01b579e7f2581f90a90d7935421de8d02f238bb12042648e
Message ID: <199608220239.WAA69392@osceola.gate.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:36:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "Joey Grasty" <jgrasty@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:36:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: WinSock Remailer Update

Y'all:

I've done some additional testing of the WinSock Remailer
with Windows 95.  In short, the remailer does not decrypt
messages properly in Windows 95.  Therefore, it should
not be used with that operating system.  If you sent messages
this evening, then some or all of these may have been lost
during testing with Win95.

I suspect that the same problems would be present with
Windows NT, and indeed, one user reports a similar problem.

Don't expect a fix for 95 or NT soon, as I'm a relative
neophyte with these operating systems.  In fact, I just
installed Win95* yesterday.  So, please be patient.

I will have another alpha release of the remailer next
week.  Please stay tuned.

As always, my homepage is:

  http://www.c2.net/~winsock/

* What possessed M$ into turning Windows 95 into a Macintosh
like interface, I'll never know... (Yes, I have been hiding
under a rock for the past two years, why do you ask?)

Regards,

--
Joey Grasty
jgrasty@gate.net [home -- encryption, privacy, RKBA and other hopeless causes]