1996-08-22 - Lesson 2 in cracking (cryptoanalysis 001)

Header Data

From: Scottauge@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1dc933150c1c5e682da948a07cf0ce57fdb2fa744c57d43aec303b8d3285921d
Message ID: <960821175542184580468@emout07.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-08-22 01:03:04 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:03:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Scottauge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:03:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Lesson 2 in cracking (cryptoanalysis 001)

> Okay wise guy.  I'm going to give you a 14300 character string that
>  starts out

Big deal.

>How are you going to tell *what* I was talking about?  I guarantee with
>any message of practical length (i.e. not " ckosuuy") will have multiple
>possibilities, particularly when you take things like mispellings,

Mispelling are an acknowledge means of screwing up the algorithms I gave you.
 However, they are usually close to the original spelling.  In addition, once
most of the cipher has been dealt with, these fall into place quite nicely
anyhow.

>software artifacts ("----- BEGIN PGP --------" "X-Received ..." etc.) and

So tell me what the difference is between a bunch of messages with th, st, ya
da ya da and messages with instances of say 27 27 27 27 27 obviously the
dashes from your pgp insert.  If anything, you've added more ammunition
against your self.  Think expanded pattern matching if you can something like
pa*tern...

>deliberate attempts to throw you off.  That's why it's unbreakable - by
>anyone!

Including the user, after all, you show a transformation by setting all
vowels to the front, then a transformation into numbers, a shuffle by number
order, then a transformation back into letters.

During decryption:

How do you place the vowels into the correct position?

How do you place the numbers into the previous order before ascending sort
them?

You are a , lets see a good name I was once placed with,  a TROLL.

The first pot was not to insult you more so than to inform others of attacks.

This post can be considered a personal attack, you TROLL.

Thread