1996-08-22 - Re: Ruritania

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: Censored Girls Anonymous <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3014e680b20dd0a56841f62d05f82b12ca1a9108d5f5253e822608dc9e5ee4b6
Message ID: <ae40f4f812021004ea2f@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:58:06 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:58:06 +0800
To: Censored Girls Anonymous <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ruritania

At 7:18 PM 8/21/96, Censored Girls Anonymous wrote:
>                      The Legend of Ruritania
>
>There was once a far away land called Ruritania, and in this land there was
>a strange phenomenon  --  all the trees that grew there were transparent.
>In the old days, the people had lived in mud huts.   But now, high-tech wood
>to stop the recent wave of people thinking obscene thoughts about tomatoes,
>which Dorothy Quisling noted was one of the major problems of the new age
>of plenty and joy.
>Member Internet Society  - Certified BETSI Programmer  -  Webmistress
>Carol Anne Braddock (cab8)  carolann@censored.org   206.42.112.96

Carol,

I see no attribution for this. Did you write it?

It looks very familiar, like something that was posted to the Cypherpunks
list a couple of years ago. (I seem to recall Perry Metzger writing a
similar, or even identical, piece.)

If you wrote it, great. But if someone else wrote it, you should definitely
mention this, and give a name if you have it. If you know someone besides
yourself wrote it, but the name was unattached to the copy you got, this
should also be mentioned.

Again, if you wrote it, great. And I apologize for even hinting that you
did not. But it sure looks familiar.

--Tim May