1996-08-26 - MUD anyone?

Header Data

From: “Rev. Mark Grant” <mark@unicorn.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3e9882c97c6bc0ab8427a90f2d2c4924d431929550d0bb5d65ab0f4fc8125127
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9608260847.A346-0100000@pegasus.unicorn.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 19:15:02 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rev. Mark Grant" <mark@unicorn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 19:15:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MUD anyone?

Would anyone out there be interested in helping set up a
crypto-anarcho-capitalist MUD to play around with some of the social
aspects of crypto-anarchy and anarcho-capitalism? I can probably hack
together a basic lpmud in a month or two if someone has a machine which
it could run on and which could run a mailing list for those involved.

On the software front, there's a demo of version 0.86 of Privtool on
utopia.hacktic.nl in /pub/replay/pub/PGP/unix (or something like that),
and my mailbot is also on there somewhere. Amongst other things that
allows you to remotely maintain Web pages by sending PGP-signed email
(actually, PGP-encrypted would probably also work if you don't mind
leaving a secret key on the system with no passphrase). Doesn't yet
protect against replay attacks and there are a few known bugs but it's
only an Alpha. If anyone wants to use it for real I can mail you a patch
for the worst problems.

Finally, does anyone outside the US have the last few months of the list
available for ftp? I'd like to catch up on what I've missed since I
unsubscribed and using the Web archive is far too slow and expensive.

Please send replies to me directly as I'm travelling and consequently off
the list. Looks like I'll be on a mad bus trip round New Zealand for most
of next month so Net access will be erratic.

	Mark

|Reverend Mark Grant M.A., U.L.C.	       EMAIL: mark@unicorn.com  |
|WWW: http://www.c2.org/~mark	  	       MAILBOT: bot@unicorn.com	|
|Approximate Current Location: Melbourne, Australia			|