1996-08-27 - Re: Sen. Leahy’s “impeccable cyberspace credentials”

Header Data

From: raffetto@podesta.com (John Raffetto)
To: owner-fight-censorship@vorlon.mit.edu
Message Hash: 43285aaea96a229e5a7a0cf1a8583513efc4774e1b7cc607c2ae0abc20a0af4f
Message ID: <199608272057.QAA01534@podesta.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 07:35:22 +0800

Raw message

From: raffetto@podesta.com (John Raffetto)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 07:35:22 +0800
To: owner-fight-censorship@vorlon.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Sen. Leahy's "impeccable cyberspace credentials"

Josh Crockett is exactly right here...

>  It would seem
>that we need to hunt down our issues and support them, seeing as that
>politicians are notoriously unreliable on supporting every single issue
>we would like them to support.

And that's why Declan's message about Leahy is foolish.  When you find a
champion on the Hill for one issue, you rally around him/her.  And when they
won't support you on another issue, you find another champion. If your
policy is to disown Hill allies (in this case, Leahy) who break ranks with
you from time to time, you'll quickly run out of allies.  And when you have
no allies on the Hill, you're really screwed.

John Raffetto

Thread