1996-08-23 - Re: USPS

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 44b6d966055c4ac5eee329147e3056b81903633ceeaddf269ea35d70fcfd3a67
Message ID: <199608230100.SAA29412@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:36:19 +0800

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:36:19 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: USPS

On Or About 22 Aug 96, 8:37, Timothy C. May wrote:

> (Though I made up this last part, it represents reality. Postal
> inspectors frequently collaborate with various national and
> international authorities on matters involving pornography, fraud,
> pyramid schemes, and the sending of various sorts of contraband.
> While FedEx, UPS, Airborne, etc., may occasionally cooperate when a

I'm afraid that Fed-X would drop their drawers if presented with a
federal warrant.  I guess you could call that co-operation.

> crime is called to their attention, I know of no cases where Federal
> Express, for example, has become a willing and leading partner in
> setting up stings.

No, I don't think they would do something like that.
The Post Office IS just like an arm of the
federal government, even though you would need a federal warrant in
order to search packages.

> "Postal anarchy" is already the accepted norm for e-mail.
>
> --Tim May

Can I quote you on that?

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906

Thread