1996-08-29 - RE: Desubscribe

Header Data

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
To: N/A
Message Hash: 4868a4bcfb82f6482cac499e98b85d983cabe88db5a7ac6ce4c4dd1a770af05f
Message ID: <9607298413.AA841352799@smtplink.alis.ca>
Raw Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 05:12:52 +0800

Raw message

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 05:12:52 +0800
Subject: RE: Desubscribe

perry@piermont.com wrote:
>MrAdvent@aol.com writes:
>> I would like you to desubscribe me from you mailing list
>
>I refuse.
>
>.pm

Lets face it. It's not a lack of volition, it is a lack of ability. Perry
couldn't desubscribe MrAdvent@aol.com even if he wanted to.

I can't unsubscribe myself even when I follow the instructions.

When I send an e-mail, the header contains two equivalent addresses:
jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca and jbugden@alis.com.

Unfortunately, there is some logic in majordomo that is not symmetric so that
while I can subscribe as jbugden@alis.com, I can not unsubscribe since majordomo
notices jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca in the header and treats the attempt to
unsubscribe as a forgery.

So get used to it MrAdvent. After a few months you may even enjoy the ramblings
of the many too pale souls swimming in this communal cesspool.

You can unsubscribe any time you like, but you can never leave.

James

Thread