1996-08-03 - Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
Message Hash: 4c9b142dc371314a8f378ca69ae8e1244f9dcc4be63b9588f5bb13c41eae7efa
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960802165418.1649C-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <4tsfjm$oi6@joseph.cs.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-03 01:37:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:37:50 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:37:50 +0800
To: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

On 2 Aug 1996, David Wagner wrote:
> In article <01I7RM0CJM388Y4XIK@mbcl.rutgers.edu>,
> I don't get it.  Help me out here-- how can this possibly be constitutional?

     It isn't, since when has that stopped them?

> I'm reading the Fourth Amendment to our honored Constitution of the United
> States, which proclaims
> Are we just to strike out that emphasized phrase?  What's going on here?
> Someone tell me I'm not just having a bad nightmare.

     You're not having a nightmare, it's reality.

> Apologies if these are silly questions,

     It isn't the questions that are stupid, it is answers.

> P.S.  Do police really need a search warrant to wiretap cellular phones?

     No, not to tap the phone, just to use it as evidence.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread