1996-08-07 - Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Header Data

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@mail.apple.com>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 4f77e0e30d7e0e15f65f30d2afe0b8195c0c3adbc642cf9357c84d26a2142f34
Message ID: <199608070210.TAA12996@scv1.apple.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:50:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@mail.apple.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:50:54 +0800
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

>I, for one, would appreciate the chance to hear Tim May present
>"crypto-anarchy" and "crypto-privacy" -- in a much more coherent fashion
>
>Vinnie is putting the "Mac Crypto" conference together in his spare
>time using "borrowed" facilities in a way that stays below Apple's
>"radar horizon".

Ah, so I'm not the only one who makes nefarious use of R&D4
(Burning Man, Mike Jittlov, and other pseudo-events) ;-)

Looking forward to it.

>As for the "Mac is dead," I'll leave that to another time and place.

The press is a little difficult to believe when they come out with
nonsense like  "Apple is finally upgrading an aging product line".
Excuse me?  Yes, the last new Mac one could buy was the IIfx?

San Jose Mercury News, A Division of Microsoft Press.
(I wonder if I should extend the Shakespeare award beyond the net).

-Chris

..    But there *are* a million monkees on the net,
..    and I still aint seen no Shakespeare!             <me>
...    smtp: nozefngr@apple.com
..     page: 1.800.680.7351
..     http: http://virtual.net/Personal/nozefngr/
..     icbm: lat37*21'.lon121*5'