1996-08-05 - Re: Internal Passports

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com (David M. Rose)
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: 53d62c1915e1d1719f8a1c715b2a748e73774e4d6a986265f4622f29ed004a7f
Message ID: <199608050034.RAA15919@web.azstarnet.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 10:46:37 +0800

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com (David M. Rose)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 10:46:37 +0800
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Internal Passports

Bill Stewart wrote:

>I wonder if they'll still accept an American passport; the country
>has obviously been taken over by Pod People while we weren't looking....

I don't know if this was an isolated incident, but I recently attempted to
pick up a package at the Post Office using my passport as I.D.  NO, I was
told, this is not acceptable identification, and as a union worker, you
can't tell me what to do.  Appeals to chicken-hearted management were
brushed off; I finally identified the highest ranking union official (shop
steward?), who reluctantly ordered the recalcitrant worker to fetch my parcel.

Your guess is as good as mine...

Dave Rose

Thread