1996-08-31 - SNAKEOIL? Top Secret for Windows

Header Data

From: frogfarm@yakko.cs.wmich.edu (Damaged Justice)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5b1a1e0ab329e094b3f0b5aa9e3c0b2d0698ac95bb0c25096d38c9d4c04e3b00
Message ID: <199608312153.RAA16444@yakko.cs.wmich.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 07:43:52 +0800

Raw message

From: frogfarm@yakko.cs.wmich.edu (Damaged Justice)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 07:43:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SNAKEOIL? Top Secret for Windows

Newsgroups: comp.archives.ms-windows.announce
Subject: tsecret.zip - TOPSECRET!: Easily encrypts any file.
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 20:39:29 GMT

I have uploaded to Simtel.Net:

http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/security/tsecret.zip
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/security/tsecret.zip     12070 bytes

tsecret.zip     TOPSECRET!: Easily encrypts any file

TOPSECRET is a program to encrypt your sensitive files.  This program
does not use the RSA standard (which is restricted for export).  This
program uses the aid of a "Catalyst" file (which can be any file) to
encrypt another file (any file).  The Catalyst acts as a key to code and
decode your sensitive files.  Of course you can even make your own
catalyst by encrypting one file with another.  A periodically changing
Catalyst can be made by combining 1-Registered mail file 2-Courier file
3-Last message file; This would ensure high security for the transmission
of your sensitive files.I am sure you will come up with your own methods.

Shareware.  Uploaded by the author.

Siva Krishna
sk510019@mail.idt.net

--
http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/~frogfarm ...for the best in unapproved information
 EmmaGoldmanCamillePagliaMarieCurieAynRandSapphoDianaToriAmosPJHarvey&Demona

Thread