1996-08-20 - Re: US Taxes on X-Pats (getting off topic)

Header Data

From: Stephen Cobb <stephen@iu.net>
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Message Hash: 6d6ec539688224be8736d9308799d64669f88706e1f2f1cc594bbb9e69e4025a
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19960820173846.007137e4@iu.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 05:27:25 +0800

Raw message

From: Stephen Cobb <stephen@iu.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 05:27:25 +0800
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Subject: Re: US Taxes on X-Pats (getting off topic)

At 05:32 PM 8/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>It sounds unfair, for sure. However, the whole thing is a fraud based
>upon a myth. FICA witholding is NOT credited to an individual's account,
>or even to Social Security benefits in general. By statutory law, all
>such receipts go into the Treasury's general fund.
>
>So, they are NOT "social security contributions". Period.

Very true...what I am saying is that, as far as my reading goes, LEGAL
aliens are going to be required to pay social security "taxes" while not
having any "entitlement" in return. They pay income taxes and get certain
things, like law and order, in return. They will be paying soc sec money to
the government without getting anything in return. This sounds not only
unfair but wrong, part of an isolationist, "we killed the natives so this
land is our land and the rest of you f@*k-off" revival that includes the
recent posting about requiring proof of citizenship before issuing drivers
licenses.

Stephen

Thread