1996-08-29 - Re: Real or Not ?

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Message Hash: 70fc15740f434dbc67b7151504f1fb323f95ab869acdc586bf816e517b6c047a
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960828150721.9155B-100000@eff.org>
Reply To: <199608281530.IAA20721@slack.lne.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-29 03:36:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:36:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:36:28 +0800
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: Real or Not ?

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Eric Murray wrote:

> Heh.  They forgot the Black Heliocopters manned by agents of
> the UN/New World Order, and the Greys from Zeta Reticuli..
>
> It's a hoax, with several clues that it is a hoax in it.
>
> Of course you're welcome to prove me wrong by disassembling
> a PGP binary.  Examination of the random numnber generator, IDEA
> key setup, or RSA key setup vs what's in the source code
> should show if something fishy is going on.

Unless of course the program you're using to view the disassembled
instructions has also been altered by the TriLats. And make sure you use
any pre-1992 compiler on a pre-1992 operating system on a computer that's
not hooked up to the Net or even located where NSA agents can get to it.

"Steingold" was a nice touch.

-Declan

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //

Thread