1996-08-19 - Re: Orbiting Datahavens

Header Data

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
To: “cypherpunks” <blane@aa.net>
Message Hash: 7b4549de54d3c055d9e75cbd5d63ed4bba878970846030c309395f00a1f179f1
Message ID: <19960819050233078.AAA175@IO-ONLINE.COM>
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:16:45 +0800

Raw message

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:16:45 +0800
To: "cypherpunks" <blane@aa.net>
Subject: Re: Orbiting Datahavens

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996 17:06:47 -0700 (PDT), Brian Lane wrote:
>> 	I'm not sure who would launch it - a Japanese launcher? (ESA is
>> strapped for cash, which was one reason for the phenomenaly stupid move of
>> putting space probes onto the maiden flight of the Ariane 5.)
>
>  We'd want someone more reliable than ESA! I doubt that we could afford
>to have a backup satellite in case of a disaster. Once the Delta Clipper
>is functional the payload costs to orbit is supposed to drop tremendously.

Or, who knows. NASA could finally wake up, really that the shuttle sucks
as a cargo hauler, start using something like the Phoenix (They
stonewalled it - would have made them look bad) to build orbital industry
and then setup giant solar-powered launch lasers and have surface to
orbit at pennies per pound.  Oh well...  Who'd have thought we'd go to
the moon and stop.

| Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com> - Webpages for sale! Se habla JavaScript!
| http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
| Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"

Thread