1996-08-28 - Re: Microsoft Explorer security hole (fwd) MSoft’s reply…

Header Data

From: Rick Campbell <campbell@c2.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7ccb639d6bca9ecab3cda048fdf00ea5799231734eb9a18bb11e5bedefd648e5
Message ID: <9608281246.AA15630@cfdevx1.lehman.com>
Reply To: <199608280257.TAA25752@scn.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-28 15:49:31 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 23:49:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Rick Campbell <campbell@c2.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 23:49:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Microsoft Explorer security hole (fwd) MSoft's reply...

    Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 19:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
    From: SCN User <bf578@scn.org>

    BTW: When is this list/listserver going to convert the reply-to fields to
         point to cypherpunks@toad.com?

Hopefully never.  It's the wrong way for a distribution list to work.

If you personally want replies to just go to the list, then you can
add a reply-to field in your message.  I prefer when people do a
standard `reply all' to reply to me and CC the recipients of my
message.  In that way, I can file messages to a list in a folder while
treating those that are explicitly specially -- I might want to see
them sooner so as to reply sooner.

The distribution list should just distribute messages.  The sender
should determine the addressing.

			Rick

Thread