1996-08-15 - Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a6a62364f6916e4c37107edf12885ecb314cf7e0b25e02521f28892dde35cc41
Message ID: <ae37ce1606021004a2f1@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:17:50 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:17:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

At 2:23 AM 8/15/96, Bart  Croughs wrote:

>Bart's error lies in his confusion of the terms "captial" and
>"capital investment."  While capital may be used to make capital
>investments, there are other things it can be spent for as well
>(wages, taxes, supplies, etc.).
>
>If Bart were to use the term "infrastructure" then it would be
>clear that the ebb and flow of mere capital would have relatively
>little to do with infrastructure influenced wages.<

I agree.

(On the other hand, Bart might want to find ways to make the material he is
quoting more distinct from his own comments. I find it very hard to tell
which comments are Bart's and which are those he is quoting.)

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!