1996-08-07 - Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Header Data

From: Martin Minow <minow@apple.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a9068ba87233865f2eee7b2a1665384218b63f54e282dab798a6003ed6c60d65
Message ID: <v03007803ae2d271b50b8@[17.202.12.102]>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:39:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Martin Minow <minow@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:39:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Cypherpunks as a spectator sport becomes interesting when a several
intelligent, articulate, people start a productive rant. Emphasis
on "productive."  Unfortunately, this rant is rapidly degenerating
into an emotional bickering between people who are capable of
accomplishing much more.

For the record, there are several Apple employees, some *very*
high up in the food chain, who receive selected postings from
Cypherpunks. For better or for worse, however, they are spared
pipebomb-punks, Sternlight-punks, Ritalin-punks, and most of
the other nonsense that permeates this mailing list.

I, for one, would appreciate the chance to hear Tim May present
"crypto-anarchy" and "crypto-privacy" -- in a much more coherent fashion
than I would get at a physical cypherpunks meeting or from the
mailing list. I'm not sure what Tim's consulting fee might be, but
I'd be happy to contribute a six-pack of Anchor Steam if that would help.

Vinnie is putting the "Mac Crypto" conference together in his spare
time using "borrowed" facilities in a way that stays below Apple's
"radar horizon". Think of it as a slightly more formal physical
cypherpunks meeting. He may be able to scare up a budget for drinks and
munchies, but don't expect a t-shirt.

As for the "Mac is dead," I'll leave that to another time and place.

Martin Minow
minow@apple.com

Thread