1996-08-05 - Re: More to be paranoid about…

Header Data

From: “Lynne L. Harrison” <lharrison@csbh.mhv.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0f3741489b747286eabe69cc25471f4df2495bd021ea0d6929a9b038f15f1df
Message ID: <1.5.4.16.19960805061137.2aef92e0@pop.mhv.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 16:19:32 +0800

Raw message

From: "Lynne L. Harrison" <lharrison@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 16:19:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: More to be paranoid about...

At 10:14 PM 8/3/96 -0700, Alan Olsen wrote:
>Take a look at:
>
>     http://www.spiritone.com/cgi-bin/plates
>
>Feed it an Oregon licence plate number and it will feed you back all sorts
>of info about the person/victim.

  Not surprising at all.  Unbeknownst to most of the general populace, DMV
records (for the most part) are public records and are subject to Freedom of
Information requests.  AAMOF, I have an account with NYS/DMV which I use to
pull my clients' records when they are charged with DWI and/or other traffic
offenses.  I simply dial into DMV's [outdated] computer and pull the record.
It also came in handy on a personal level when I did not get my registration
card after buying my car and discovered that the dealer had not registered
my car.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.       |    "The key to life:
Poughkeepsie, New York        |     - Get up;
lharrison@mhv.net             |     - Survive;
http://www.dueprocess.com     |     - Go to bed."

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.

Thread