1996-08-09 - Re: Going Postal (Was: Boom!)

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b158c00a41e5b8fa1fbea53bb9e164229b9532864c8993d771dd836c390be6f8
Message ID: <v02120d1bae3075c377c7@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:19:46 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:19:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Going Postal (Was: Boom!)

At 17:50 8/8/96, Mike Duvos wrote:

>The Post Office has now jumped on the terrorist bandwagon by
>announcing that it will no longer be legal to drop any package
>weighing over 16 ounces into a collection box.
>
>Larger packages will have to be presented in person at the
>Post Office, and I wouldn't be surprised if several forms of
>ID were required.

We'll see the day.

>Should wreak havoc with the mail order video tape rental business,
>with those handy pre-paid 4th class labels you just slap on the
>tapes before dropping in the nearest mailbox.

A video tape weighs less than a pound.

>I suspect one could do a lot of damage to a mailbox with under 16
>ounces of the proper explosive.  Perhaps one of our resident
>Cypherpunks bomb experts could expand on this subject.

Sixteen ounces of C4 will do you right. It was only 12 ounces that brought
down the Pan Am flight over Scotland.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.

Thread