1996-08-16 - Lunch with Bill, anyone?

Header Data

From: “John C. Randolph” <jcr@idiom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b52791ceba5a7e5084baff43e18d589e7321e333492ca33dbcf9672ceac525ab
Message ID: <199608161231.FAA05532@idiom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 23:21:14 +0800

Raw message

From: "John C. Randolph" <jcr@idiom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 23:21:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Lunch with Bill, anyone?

Latest from Microsoft(R):

> > The Windows 95 Anniversary is just around the corner.
> > Stay tuned to WinNews for special announcements to learn how
> > you could win lunch with Bill Gates, chat with industry
> > luminaries, and download a really cool screen saver.

Does Microsquish *know* any industry luminaries?  I mean, Cutler
used to be one, but he's pretty burnt out, if Windoze NT is any
indication.

> Seems a fine opportunity.  Though Bill _and_ the screen saver might
> be just too much excitement for one day.

Meeting Bill Gates would be every bit as exciting as meeting Tony
Orlando.  Or maybe Wayne Newton.

-jcr

Thread