1996-08-12 - Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: bart.croughs@tip.nl>
Message Hash: cd491c7996cb0d38e8690e0554fed8f07032c6aafe18d378c784d3cf1b12bb74
Message ID: <199608120538.WAA29670@dns2.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 17:11:44 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 17:11:44 +0800
To: bart.croughs@tip.nl>
Subject: Re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

At 08:02 PM 8/11/96 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Clearly, wages are defined by supply and demand -- not by "capital
> investment".

However more capital, relative to labor, influences demand, and more
labor, relative to capital, influences supply.

But in practice, the mobility of capital and the importance of labor
is such that this has little effect.  How much capital do you need
to provide a job for a software engineer?  The major determinant of
someones value on the international market is who has coercive power
over him, not the national supply of capital. Capital does not
come from nations, but from individuals.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread