1996-08-20 - Re: Hackers invade DOJ web site

Header Data

From: “Lynne L. Harrison” <lharrison@csbh.mhv.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cec52e942a596213ab387837f4f4155b7731f52633369bf6335de731f3d3ef9d
Message ID: <1.5.4.16.19960820135236.0ca75906@pop.mhv.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 01:55:31 +0800

Raw message

From: "Lynne L. Harrison" <lharrison@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 01:55:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Hackers invade DOJ web site

At 07:08 PM 8/19/96 -0500, Igor Chudov wrote:

>I personally find the web page very well and artistically done, and
>extremely funny. The guy who did it had a good taste.

  I personally found the page to be offensive and disagree highly with the
person having "good taste".
  Following the premise that another posted to this list, there were ways of
focusing on opposing the CDA without insulting women and/or minorities.  I
also agree that this act is going to backfire by giving the DOJ fodder when
the case reaches the Supreme Court.
  IMO, it was patently obvious that it was a kid or kids that did it who
gave no substantial thought on the consequences of his/their act.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.       |    "The key to life:
Poughkeepsie, New York        |     - Get up;
lharrison@mhv.net             |     - Survive;
http://www.dueprocess.com     |     - Go to bed."

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.

Thread