1996-08-30 - Re: www.anonymizer.com

Header Data

From: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e61ab353519f17150d42270c28f62b49c654a834fb7cea669a63ad8e1cb307ee
Message ID: <199608302014.WAA08916@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 07:19:19 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@replay.com (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 07:19:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: www.anonymizer.com

At 06:12 AM 8/30/96 -1000, NetSurfer wrote:

>I have found and reported to the anonymizer that it does not
>always protect you against perl-based cgi scripts.  I did this by
>accessing a form-based email page (based on Matt's script) which includes
>environment variable values in the msg to the recipient.  I didn't
>receive any response back from them after I emailed them the info.

   Am I missing something here because isn't the easiest way around all of this is simply not to enter your personal info when setting up Netscape?  Granted the page can pick up your ISP and what port you used, but so what?  It can't get your name and email address.  Use a newsreader such as Free Agent so there's no reason to enter your personal info.  If there is a reason to respond to someone who's email is in on a particular page, then copy it and paste to your emailer...

Thread