1996-08-09 - Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Header Data

From: Ryan Russell/SYBASE <Ryan.Russell@sybase.com>
To: The Deviant <deviant@sybase.com>
Message Hash: ece29a844e912aa0ded006e04122efade797f4f09d8888277e99c0bf41749b56
Message ID: <9608091717.AA27395@notesgw2.sybase.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 05:20:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Russell/SYBASE <Ryan.Russell@sybase.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 05:20:44 +0800
To: The Deviant <deviant@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce

Actually, DEC is trying to stay in business building
expensive Windows boxes.

The numbers I remember hearing are something like:
1,000,000 Unix machines
10,000,000 Macs
150,000,000 "PCs" (presumable not running *nix)

Why should we care what platform people develop for?
I use all of 'em.  If a package supports more than one,
all the better.

As to why one should develop crypto stuff
for unix, the demographics of this list are probably
reason enough.. I use PCs as my main platform,
but I get the distinct impression that most of
the folks here use unix primarily.  Maybe they're
just the most vocal :)

    Ryan

To: jwz
cc: cypherpunks