1996-08-21 - Re: License Plates

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Skip)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f145e7e96fa62832f3d2add5601ce631827deee7410f3e3bf83106c717f2828a
Message ID: <199608210102.SAA22053@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:43:06 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Skip)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:43:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: License Plates

One method of protest against License Plate invasion of privacy is to
simply not use license plates.  When I bought my car six years ago the
front license plate was never drilled for license plate holes, so I
simply took off the rear plate too, and in six months I only got two
tickets for it, one for twenty dollars in Walnut Creek which I only had
to pay, not needing to "fix the defect," and another on the Richmond
Bridge, costing seventy six dollars because it was a fix it ticket which
I didn't want to fix, and pulled over another time with only a warning.
Not bad at all for California, has any one else practised this form of
protest?  I had to put the rear plate back on though, because I acquired
a drinking problem and I didn't want to get busted for drunk driving.
Now that I'm sober, and with worse threats concerning license plates,
it's time to pull off that rear plate again!  Doing it tonight, join me!

--
Skip, OBC

Thread