1996-08-30 - Re: Exploring (RSA (001)

Header Data

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f1b20e2d2303b1b34e0141ab1f502008998bc667172ec4d7e0abe9c740db3860
Message ID: <199608300605.XAA20594@netcom7.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 19:40:27 +0800

Raw message

From: frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 19:40:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Exploring (RSA (001)

At 10:39 PM 8/29/96 -0400, Scottauge@aol.com wrote:
>Exploring Rivest, Shamir, Adelman algorithm, but hoping someone out there is
>interested in very large number manipulations.

>Other than using Mathematica or Maple, I would like to use C or perferrably
>C++.
>
>Just some basics such as multiplication, addition, subtraction, division,
>mod, etc over the Z set.

I have been collecting information about crypto libraries for the Mac
Crypto conference next week.  Here is what a quick AltaVista search came up
with.  Since you want C++, I would particularly look at Wei Dai's Crypto++
library.  If anyone has other strongly recommended libraries, please let me
know.

Crypto Libraries

  http://www.clark.net/pub/cme/ has source for MD5

  http://www.homeport.org/~adam/crypto/ for a comparison of crypto
  libraries

  http://www.enter.net/~chronos/cryptolog1.html has a collection of
  links to crypto resources

  http://www.openmarket.com/techinfo/applied.htm - Internet Locations
  for Materials on the Disks for Applied Cryptography

  Crypto++ in C++ by Wei Dai. -  Has been tested under Codewarrior
  2.0.

    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/README  - in the USA

  Cryptolib in C by Jack Lacy - No Mac version, C, Sparc, SGI, i486
  assembler

    To obtain, send email to cryptolib@research.att.com with a
    statement of the following
    form:

           "I am a U.S. or Canadian citizen or a legal permanent
    resident of the
            U.S. and am aware that some parts of CryptoLib may be
    restricted under
            United States Export regulations.  I have read and
    understand the
            CryptoLib license."

            Name:
            Location:
            E-mail:
            Are you licensed to use the RSA patent?
               If yes, give name of licensed organization:

  RSAref 2.0, by RSA Data Security Inc. - Tested with Mac

    ftp://ftp.rsa.com:/rsaref/README  - In the USA

    http://www.consensus.com/RSAREF/rsaref_toc.html - in the USA

  SSLeay in C by Eric Young - C, gcc and system cc for Solaris 2.[34]
  (sparc and x86), SunOS 4.1.3, DGUX, OSF1 Alpha, HPUX 9, AIX 3.5,
  IRIX 5.[23], LINUX, NeXT (intel)

    ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL/

  The Systemics Cryptix Cryptography Library in Java or Perl by Gary
  Howland - Java on Win95, WinNT, Solaris, Linux, Irix.

    http://www.systemics.com/software/

  The Cryptlib free Encryption Library in C by Peter Gutmann - Unix,
  DOS, windows (16 & 32 bit DLL available), Amiga

    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib.html

Bill Frantz       | Cave ab homine unius libri | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     |  [Beware the man of one    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com |   book]  - Anonymous Latin | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread