1996-08-14 - Re: Econopunks FAQ, Ver. 0.98

Header Data

From: Checkered Daemon <cdaemon@goblin.punk.net>
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Message Hash: f347096a3bdb9dd7a71ad9701aa1c658de89507a633f95f63fba06a3d5641717
Message ID: <199608140212.TAA14564@goblin.punk.net>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960813144043.00887ef8@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-14 05:04:37 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 13:04:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Checkered Daemon <cdaemon@goblin.punk.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 13:04:37 +0800
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Subject: Re: Econopunks FAQ, Ver. 0.98

> What is a Fair Price for a good or service?
>
> There is no such thing as a Fair Price.  There are only the prices paid by
> willing buyers and sellers.  These are generally called market prices.  Many
> factors influence price including cost of production and product
> characteristics but the only determinants are the desire of market actors to
> complete transactions at given prices.

A Fair Price could be construed as a price agreed upon by a willing buyer
and a willing seller WITHOUT outside interference.

The extra  $150 I have to spend to get a computer without MS Windows 95
on it so I can run Linux comes to mind ...

--
Checkered Daemon                              cdaemon@goblin.punk.net

Delirium:  There must be a word for it ... the thing that lets you know that
           TIME is happening.  IS there a word?
Sandman:   CHANGE.
Delirium:  Oh.  I was AFRAID of that.

(My other SIG is a large, famous company whose opinions are not necessarily
mine.)

Thread