1996-09-04 - The Vincennes shootdown

Header Data

From: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 039abcd13bbced80ee1e6f450feeb2bc7edfd6be87ac5c10087e93e4c7ff60c9
Message ID: <199609032039.NAA13681@well.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:27:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:27:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Vincennes shootdown

FACT #1 The U.S.S. Vincennes was under attack by gunboats of Iraq's
        Republican guard at the time of the unfortunate incident.
        (All bets are off)

FACT #2 Intelligence believed the Republicican guard had it's own
       version of the "Kamikazi."

Fact #3 If I was still a sneaky-ass airwarrior given the mission to
        take out a vastly superior vehicle like an Aegis class
        cruiser I would do one of the following:

        a) set my transponder to the I.D. of a commercial jet, and
           do my best to fly like it's profile.

        b) turn my transponder off and "ride tail" (stay directly
           under and behind the commercial jet, hiding in it's
           radar sig) till I was within range.

Brian

Thread