1996-09-19 - Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Header Data

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
To: “Asgaard” <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: 08dff3f5e5e9a64418223f8393eb65ec0391f44fa8fa2687204493b1e62b82c6
Message ID: <19960918160153703.AAE88@IO-ONLINE.COM>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:36:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:36:37 +0800
To: "Asgaard" <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996 17:13:53 -0700, Dale Thorn wrote:

>> And that's good. The world population really should go back to around
>> 1 billion for achieving a stabile ecology (with singing birds for
>> the peace of minds). The former (?) US system of encouraging young
>> standalone women to make babies to get benefits was very bad. The
>> Chinese system - less benefits the more children you have - is the
>> way to go.

>Just a comment: "The world population really should go back to around
>one billion", etc. And how could we achieve that without severe govt.
>oppression, one wonders? Now, I've heard of "education" being used to
>help the masses learn to be responsible citizens ad nauseam, but since
>education is pretty much just propaganda in the massively-capitalist
>system now taking over even the P.R. of China, how the heck is education
>going to work?

Well, they're much better at telling kids how to use condoms than they are at,
say, explaining an integral. (or even an equation for that matter)

As a side note, how about some real welfare reform:  mandatory birth control
(and pay for that; it's *much* cheaper) and benefits go DOWN for additional
births.

# Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
# cadams@acucobol.com | V.M. (619)515-4894
"I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to play games on
a computer in any case when the whole system is a game.  Word processing,
spreadsheets, telecoms -- it's all a game.  And they pay you to play it."
	-- Duncan Frissell

Thread