1996-09-08 - Kiddie porn on the Internet

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 17d1af8253be4b94296f09a60c4153255a739cc3b5335ee686d2253800d57abc
Message ID: <32324996.2158@gte.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 00:23:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 00:23:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Kiddie porn on the Internet

"News" stories are now circulating on radio about child pornography on
the Internet, and how an organization called "Save The Children" is
working very hard to identify the trafficers and their accomplii.

Save The Children is complaining that they can't find all of the dirty
dealers of kid-porn, since much of the traffic is encrypted!

So who is Save The Children? First, since they're an international
organization raising funds in the U.S., they obviously operate at the
pleasure of the State Department. Ho hum. Remember the incidents at the
Denny's restaurant chain where Denny's was sued for discrimination
against minorities? Did it seem a little bizarre for the 1990's?

At the close of the litigation, Denny's suddenly sprouted tons of free
fund-raising advertising for Save The Children, including placemats at
each table with beautiful logo and address and phone number. Just send
the money, etc. My questions to interested persons included whether
someone may have approached Denny's for such cooperation BEFORE the
discrimination suits, and whether Denny's may have refused at first.

Well, don't jump to conclusions, and this is *NOT* a veiled accusation.
I merely suggest that interested parties extend their inquiries into the
various Internet-Monitors to include Save The Children. And by the way,
I wonder what World Vision and National Medical Enterprises are up to
these days?

Thread