1996-09-06 - Re: Browne and foreign tyrants

Header Data

From: pjb@ny.ubs.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2790c135861106ba28440f9e67c8644f5a77ae44e159c02f63e9f30d1a8f9479
Message ID: <199609051640.MAA00475@sherry.ny.ubs.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 19:42:40 +0800

Raw message

From: pjb@ny.ubs.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 19:42:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Browne and foreign tyrants

i also have never heard of an attempt on Hitler's life by anyone other that the
germans. the us did, however, assassinate Yamamoto Isoroku, and did a very neat
job of it at that.

i once read a sci-fi story about time travelers going back to kill Hitler,
and the disaster that occured when someone succeeded and Hitler's place was
taken by someone even more onerous.  in the story there was a group of people
whose job it was to prevent this assassination, since so many people in the
future had that idea that doing away with Hitler was a good thing to do there
was practically a queue of would-be assassins.

	-paul

Thread