1996-09-28 - Re: Anonymous Mail at US Post

Header Data

From: Scott Kenney <saken@chardos.connix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2b76ad614c8d0c0f13625d5c12bc1b9ce29a7567f5bc98b11124e71e18ff62f8
Message ID: <dyf8f0.3w1@chardos.connix.com>
Reply To: <32488092.4B8B2A3A@best.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-28 06:07:35 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 14:07:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Scott Kenney <saken@chardos.connix.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 14:07:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous Mail at US Post

Greg Kucharo wrote:
:
: I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I was mailing letters
: in the "out front" boxes the other day when I noticed a sign.  The sign
: said that all packages 16 ounces or over had to be taken inside for
: disposal into the mail slot. The obvious explanation being that even
: though you can abstain from marking a return address, the postal
: inspectors would like a nice photo of you with your mail.

Note that neither the USPS or the Postal inspection service really want
anything to do with this crap. This was mandated by the FAA which
threatened to stop allowing the mails to be carried on domestic
passenger flights.

-
     scott kenney * saken@chardos.connix.com * freebsd hacker * toriphile
                    disgruntled postal worker * aimee-fan