1996-09-04 - Re: EFF chairwoman: Anonymity proven not to be a positive factor

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Ulf Moeller <um@c2.net>
Message Hash: 3982b5ae0bbb79e3cc0a3aeef54216a7ac98237452c3482388c105d7e0a88cc0
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.960904153710.187A-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <m0uxezC-0000ArC@ulf.mali.sub.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-04 23:03:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 07:03:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 07:03:02 +0800
To: Ulf Moeller <um@c2.net>
Subject: Re: EFF chairwoman: Anonymity proven not to be a positive factor

On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Ulf Moeller wrote:

> >From a Scientology magazine:
>
>    Esther Dyson, member of the board of directors of the Electronic
>    Frontier Foundation and member of the National Information
>    Infrastructure Advisory Council, spoke on the anonymity issue at the
>    fifth Computers, Freedom & Privacy (CFP) conference in San Francisco.
>
> [...]
>                                       "I have a concern about the spread
>    of bad behavior on the Net," said Dyson. "Anonymity figures into this,
>    and I feel that it has proven to not be a positive factor. It breaks
>    down the community which we are seeking to build, and cout protection
>    and privacy laws already exist and should be applied in a broad way,
>    such that they are transparent to new wrinkles in the technology. It
>    is not necessary to view the world of the Net as different from the
>    rest of the world."

I think EFF needs to make attempts to clear up this mess.

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn@schloss.li

Thread