1996-09-22 - Jena Remailer

Header Data

From: mixmaster@remail.obscura.com (Mixmaster)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4096039a12f8fe91562e26a60e1b08476f66e18e22f52e19b694052a50a48726
Message ID: <199609221720.KAA15948@sirius.infonex.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:52:09 +0800

Raw message

From: mixmaster@remail.obscura.com (Mixmaster)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:52:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Jena Remailer

 lutz@as-node.jena.thur.de wrote to All:

 >> Also, is there any other remailer (now that anon.penet.fi is down)
 >> that allows one to have an anonymous address to receive
 >> email?

 l> anon@as-node.jena.thur.de. But it's is bit tricky.

The trickiest thing about it - by far - is the inscrutable English
translation of the helpfile.  I have been trying for over a week to make
any sense of how to use the remailer.  Granted, it works differently
than the other pseudonymous remailers, but the helpfile is simply
impenatrable.  Like many translations, it is grammatical but makes no
sense in spots.

>From what I can make out, this is probably a very useful and innovative
remailer that I should very much like to use.

Can any native English speaker please paraphrase the account start-up
procedure for us?

Is mixmaster@as-node.jena.thur.de a standard T-1/T-2 remailer?  Who has
the key?  Fingering this account doesn't work from West Coast USA.

Thanks for any help...

Thread