1996-09-12 - Re: Bubba Bottoming out on Cocaine Paranoia?

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: Chip Mefford <cmefford@avwashington.com>attila
Message Hash: 54f80f7bb24a4440d4625d0c2dfea0421fd19e62713fbff56bbe1e67631f718f
Message ID: <199609121502.JAA19550@InfoWest.COM>
Reply To: <v03007808ae5dadc0f80f@[207.79.65.35]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-12 19:26:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 03:26:01 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 03:26:01 +0800
To: Chip Mefford <cmefford@avwashington.com>attila
Subject: Re: Bubba Bottoming out on Cocaine Paranoia?

In <v03007808ae5dadc0f80f@[207.79.65.35]>, on 09/12/96
   at 08:16 AM, Chip Mefford <cmefford@avwashington.com> said:

= >        2.   the rewrite of history to reflect not only the
= >             politically correct views, but to reflect history as
= >             the elite wish to see it --even to the point of rewriting
= >             quotations of Thomas Jefferson to suit their purpose.
= >
= Can you give a clear example of this??

= Just asking

        the most blatant one was the rewording of Jefferson's words
    for the equality of all men about two years ago.  As we know,
    Jefferson was all for freedom, and had a "God bless you, you're
    a slave" attitude, but he was clearly not for the equalization.
    when that one came out of washington, several papers had a
    hard time with it, but I have seen it since.

        I have been collecting Jefferson quotes for years; frankly, I
    always considered the Dems were off base: Jefferson was the
    Republican --leaving Hamilton and his Federalists as pawns pawns
    of the Illuminati as advocates of the independent Federal Bank
    (the worst of the Rothschilds (Maurice, I think) who made the
    statements regarding control of the government by control of the
    money was in his prime around 1800).

        I am not a dedicated Jeffersonian scholar, but he has been
    the corner stone of my (now long blown) faith in our government.
    I would a complete set of Jefferson's works --if, and only, if I
    could find a good edition published over a 100 years ago.

        secondly, Jefferson is now interpreted as being the great
    enfranchiser, which is not even close to his view. Jefferson's
    writings clearly emphasize that the electorate should be comprised
    of the landed and merchant class; secondly, it was Jefferson's
    statement that the electorate, and therefore the juries should be
    composed "...of a well educated and informed citizenry."
    Jefferson was interested in an electorate which was of
    substance and possessing of a stake in America.

        One of the clear principles of Jeffersonian thought was that
    jury, beyond the requirement of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt,
    was to _vote its conscience_.  Jefferson was responsible for
    including the constitutional language which makes this possible,
    even today, despite instructions from judges who could care less
    about the intent of the constitution and are treating the accused
    as nothing more than cattle on the way to the abattoir --if they
    are not guilty this time they will be next time, so why waste
    further time --sometimes known as "collateral damage."

= >         Why has it gone this far?  because Joe-Six-Pack will sell
= >     all his freedom in return for the promised security.  who is
= >    the Judas goat?  the captive press.
= >

= Actually, being a "Joe six pack" my own damn self, I'd have to say
= that this is simply not the case. It is Joe six pack who makes up the
= body of the NRA and most other freedom watch dog organizations.
= Just for yer information, the pendulem has been swinging very much
= the other way, with 36 or 37 states recently following Floridas lead
= on concealed weapons carries. Not only that, but even NPR has even
= admitted that it has been effective.

        Agreed on the restoration of concealed weapons rights which
    had been regulated out of existence.

        Granted, Joe-Six-Pack may not be the perfect analogy, but I
    refer to America's working class, blue collar and the grunts of
    the white collars as Joe-Six-Pack --maybe I should say
    Joe-Couch-Potato.  the class" referenced is a collection of many
    levels --what they have in common is they work and then confrom
    to the current norm of 7.2 hrs/day in front of the tube which
becomes
    their entire source of information --THEY will sell out from
ignorance.

        If you refer to Joe-Six-Pack as the the classic Southern red
    neck, any attempt to limit their freedom, particularly the right
    a pickup truck with a gun rack, and their handguns --that's a very
    different situation. and that extends to small town westerners,
    like myself, and to the plains.  I grew up on a farm, went to
    Harvard, joined the spooks for six years of a bloodpath, bounced
    around the world in different fields, and I am back in a very
small
    community in the high desert: 100 families.  Noone around here
    questions my bad attitude --the admissions requirements are at
    least 5 kids and 2000 rounds.

        However, I think Joe-Six-Pack, in this constrained social set,
    for the vast majority would sell out on freedom of cryptography.
    they do not understand it, particularly against the onslaught of
    the pinko-liberal captive media.  Our job is to educate them --and
    not with defiant rhetoric (such as mine).

        As for concealed weapons permits, bank robberies should
    certainly drop --all it would take is one cowboy (and I'll
    volunteer) and anything other than a large coordinated operation
    is in serious trouble.  One unsuspected, mean and surly patron
    with a .357 who seriously knows how and when to use same is
    very effective.  On the other hand, I do not recommend carrying
    an assault rifle on a sling over your shoulder to visit the
bank....

        The simple (I think) point I was trying to make was: the vast
    majority of our U.S. citizens would acquiesce to the deployment
    of federal troops in return for security, rather than being armed,

    Posse Comitas not withstanding, to wipe crime off the streets.
    The point could even be made: the troops might as well be doing
    something useful rather than sitting around their bases; we do
    have a rather large standing army --unfortunately, they would
    become poorly trained and poorly disciplined --and could easily
    be part of the massive corruption in our cities (and every other
    government over many people).  Frankly, we should all vote in
    a _free_ cyberspace;  forget the current system of choosing
    party loyalists and presidential electors.

        The application of a military mentality on the streets is not
    my idea of law and order --they could kill off the majority of
    the crime by legalizing all drugs and dispensing them in clinics.
    Britain reduced their second story (burglary) crime rate by over
    60%; they did find they had a great many more addicts than the
    thought, however.  A second benefit is that it takes some of the
    mystery and challenge out of drugs --however, be prepared for the
    alcohol problem, although that effect would be significantly less
    than the current social cost of having 10% of the male black
    population in lockdown.

        no, my bottome line is the Bubba has sunk to bottom with
    paranoia, both he and the elite money interests which jerk all of
    the politicial habituites who depend on their soft money for their

    campaings and who wish to participate at the trough of influence
    and greed (ever see someone retired after many years in Washington
    without a bundle).

            --attila

--
one of the few things we all share:
  the utter, corrosive contempt for our elected officials.

Thread