1996-09-24 - Re: Public Schools

Header Data

From: Phil Fraering <pgf@acadian.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5d80d6d8f140099c64b59f2086acab11365661d41c196ed220129901cf451250
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.93.960924093951.2049C-100000@stiletto.acadian.net>
Reply To: <wNZPuD1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-24 19:16:11 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 03:16:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Phil Fraering <pgf@acadian.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 03:16:11 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Public Schools

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> U.S. public school system is darwinian evolution in action. Parents who can
> afford to send their kids to private schools, do so. Parents who send their
> kids to public schools deserve to have their offsprings fucked up, mentally
> and phsyically, to improve the species' gene pool.

But the cutoff is often whether the parents can afford to send their kids
to private school, not whether or not they're genetically superior.

And the reason it costs so much to send a kid to private school is that
everyone's already paying for a more expensive public school thanks to all
the taxes.

> There are plenty of excellent private elementary and secondary schools in the
> U.S. Children who deserve better schooling (by virtue of having parents who
> have better genes and are therefore economically successful) get it.

So if I'm economically successful it'll change my genes?

I guess this is the famous Russian belief in Lamarkianism in action.

Phil

Thread