1996-09-17 - Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

Header Data

From: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6a7adf7a25ca783167245f9e2203e08fcb4cf0212f12f43bac59d25d24f19693
Message ID: <199609162254.PAA05380@joseph.cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9609152124.A20702-0100000@netcom9>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-17 01:59:16 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:59:16 +0800

Raw message

From: David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:59:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

In article <Pine.3.89.9609152124.A20702-0100000@netcom9>,
Lucky Green  <shamrock@netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Sep 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > Just a comment: "The world population really should go back to around
> > one billion", etc. And how could we achieve that without severe govt.
> > oppression, one wonders?
>
> Quite simple. End all food and medical aid to developing countries paid
> for with money stolen at gunpoint from our citizens. Or make Norplant
> implants the condition for financial/in kind aid. Both US and
> abroad.

Why stop there?

Make biometric ID implants the condition for welfare and financial aid, so
we can track them in case they spend it on (gasp!) donations to the Libertarian
party.

Government scholarships for education and research?  Better wiretap their
phones & emails, in case the recipients use the scholarships to work on strong
non-GAKed cryptography.

Hell, folks are also taking advantage of government money every time they
step foot on a park or government road: might as well require citizen-units
to escrow their identity and confiscate their guns as a condition of usage.

``Buckle your thought-escrow-unit, it's the law!''

Thread