1996-09-14 - Re: Unrequested mail from Mr. Babayco

Header Data

From: “Z.B.” <zachb@netcom.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 808efcec416cb83b3be1faa02cf5f4e37a0fcc423001e8b75ca52a14750278fe
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9609131318.A14127-0100000@netcom22>
Reply To: <ae5ed8fd080210046bbc@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-14 00:22:54 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 08:22:54 +0800

Raw message

From: "Z.B." <zachb@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 08:22:54 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Unrequested mail from Mr. Babayco

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 4:28 AM 9/13/96, Z.B. wrote:

[snip]

> Mr. Babayco,
>
> I did not request your mail to me, and I am annoyed at having received it.
>
> I am not interested in the views you are advertising or selling, and I'd
> prefer that you not mail me.
>
> To make me whole, I demand that you send me $125 for this occurrence, and
> $125 for each future occurrence.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> --Timothy C. May

Very well then, Mr. May.  I did not request YOUR mail EITHER, so I demand
that you send ME $250 for receipt of this message, and $250 for each
additional message I receive from you.  I also demand that you send me
$10,000 for taking up my valuable time with this message, and $5,000 for
network access fees.

Have a nice day!

Even if you are serious about this, the fact that you signed up to a
mailing list entitles you to all of the messages that go over this list,
plus people's replies to your posts.  The point of my original message
was that mail from a non-commercial individual, such as yourself or other
people on this list is welcomed, but mail from people trying to sell me
something is not.  Perhaps I should have made that more clear in my
original post.

---

Zach Babayco

zachb@netcom.com  <----- finger for PGP public key