1996-09-28 - Re: [CRYPTO] (was: sig/noise ratio)

Header Data

From: “Z.B.” <zachb@netcom.com>
To: talon57@well.com
Message Hash: 8f6ba6a0e2c86b96092845159c43bf18cab96fcf681d93d1f332fed5574ab5a2
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9609281139.A7131-0100000@netcom19>
Reply To: <324CBFD1.6BCB@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-28 20:48:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:48:46 +0800

Raw message

From: "Z.B." <zachb@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:48:46 +0800
To: talon57@well.com
Subject: Re: [CRYPTO] (was: sig/noise ratio)

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Patricia Gibbons wrote:

> > In the interest of those who wish a significant increase in the
> > signal/noise ratio I make a proposal. Significant crypto related
> > posts could be prefaced with [CRYPTO] on the subject line on a
> > strictly volunteer basis, that way those desiring a more topical
> > list could have one simply by setting the appropriate filter.
> >
> > Items crypto related but missing the [CRYPTO] header could be
> > reposted by well meaning souls.
> >
> > Other appropriate headers could of course be used.
> >
> > Brian

Sounds like a good idea, but what do you define as "significant crypto"?
Also, what's to stop the anonymous idiot and several other well-known
list.idiots from doing the same?

Zach Babayco

zachb@netcom.com <-------finger for PGP public key
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/4127
-----
If you need to know how to set up a mail filter or defend against
emailbombs, send me a message with the words "get helpfile" (without the
" marks) in the SUBJECT: header.  I have several useful FAQ's and documents
available.

Thread