1996-09-04 - Re: DON’T Nuke Singapore Back into the Stone Age

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c2f1c79fd23e235d4c2e3a47f3e7ed3793af242a6b174355a9ea1cf67f60dcd6
Message ID: <NZXoTD2w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.WNT.3.94.960903074503.-463081B-100000@enzohome.ima.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-04 00:03:37 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:03:37 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 08:03:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: DON'T Nuke Singapore Back into the Stone Age

Enzo Michelangeli <enzo@ima.com> writes:

> I agree with what you say, and that's exactly why all this thread is out
> of focus. Blocking anything on the net is impossible, we know it and, I'm
> sure, the Singapore government knows it as well. The filtering proxies

Am I the only one to notice the striking similarities between the actions of
the SG gubment (kill kill kill) and the self-appointed censors who keep
inventing new classes of 'inappropriate' Usenet articles for which they
forge cancels? First they forged cancels for any materials which was
reposted too many times, then binaries cross-posted in non-binary
newsgroups (supposedly cross-posting wastews bandwidth), then any
articles with "cracking" information on breaking copy-protection...

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM