1996-09-04 - Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: jonl@well.com (Jon Lebkowsky)
Message Hash: cef3d986d81c87e5f16731e3136d7d83afca51642fd8cbd63fefaee63e7ae352
Message ID: <199609040019.RAA04643@eff.org>
Reply To: <2.2.16.19960903152037.58cfc590@mail.well.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-04 03:56:11 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:56:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:56:11 +0800
To: jonl@well.com (Jon Lebkowsky)
Subject: Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

> Compromise is not necessarily a bad thing; without some give and take, we
> sorta run right over each other. OTOH, I do agree that a strong position is
> necessary at this juncture.

Certainly. EFF regularly compromises with our allies, e.g. on who will
run a particular web page, what a campaign icon will look like, where an
event will be held, etc.  We're just not in the habit of compromising on
legislation, since we are not in a position to give or sell anything,
particular the rights of the public and of individual citizens.

--
<HTML><A HREF="http://www.eff.org/~mech/">    Stanton McCandlish
</A><HR><A HREF="mailto:mech@eff.org">        mech@eff.org

Thread