1996-09-26 - Re: Uses of Computational Chaos

Header Data

From: “E. Allen Smith” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: adamsc@io-online.com
Message Hash: d16c44d90fe4a47dde9936a667eaa0ce74bab678e3b102f615e612d518d9f8a0
Message ID: <01I9WC3IZ5VO8Y53G5@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:28:36 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. Allen Smith" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:28:36 +0800
To: adamsc@io-online.com
Subject: Re: Uses of Computational Chaos

From:	IN%"adamsc@io-online.com"  "Chris Adams" 17-SEP-1996 15:12:13.73

>Supposing, too, that you know these weaknesses, would using separate algorithms
>for different portions of the number work well?

	That would seem to be a possibility; admittedly, the local copy of
AC has been checked out for the past year, so I haven't been able to take a
look at it. I'd tend to think that if you _know_ the flaw, one could come up
with a better way to deal with it than the generalized method I discussed.
For instance, if the MSB of bytes coming out of a scribble window is too low
in entropy, only use it XORed or whatever with a more-random bit.
	-Allen

Thread