1996-09-03 - Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Jon Lebkowsky <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: ec1a6eb83a11ff0c8d98e9fb6a793e9d848dae6ffd1c237884812be395482b84
Message ID: <199609031557.IAA28466@dns1.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 04:48:11 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 04:48:11 +0800
To: Jon Lebkowsky <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: What is the EFF doing exactly?

At 06:52 AM 9/3/96 -0500, Jon Lebkowsky wrote:
> "Uncompromising" is not an "element of legislative influence," at least not
> on this planet.

Dead wrong:

The pols always say "We would like your help in writing legislation, but
if you want to contribute to the legislation you must accept reasonable
compromise".

But we do not want legislation, so we do not want to help write legislation.

We want to delay legislation for as long as possible, for the longer the
delay, the more the balance of power favors the net and disavors the pols.

Therefore the correct strategy is simply to attack any politician who shows
any interest in legislating on our issues.

We have no friends on Capitol hill, and if we did have friends, it would
still be necessary to denounce them as enemies.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread