1996-10-09 - Re: Voice Stress Analysis of Debates?

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Vin McLellan <vin@shore.net>
Message Hash: 11655dff9f1b1c9a621a81118cd9fd611ec9566fdff7fc934e0f1427eb66722f
Message ID: <325BB998.5255@gte.net>
Reply To: <v02130511ae80cb8ea1a6@[198.115.177.224]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-09 14:42:00 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 07:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 07:42:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: Vin McLellan <vin@shore.net>
Subject: Re: Voice Stress Analysis of Debates?

Vin McLellan wrote:
> Jim Bell queried the List about potential AP decision-support tools
> like voice-stress detectors which could identify truth-tellers among
> politicians and other possible candidates for Mr. Bell's much-debated
> proposal to cleanse the body politic.   One anon C'punker responded
> with a fine terse summary of VS/PSE tech (along with the surprising
> news that VS/PSE chips are now available at $89.95 per.)
> Another, Sandy Sandfort, noted:

[text stating in effect that VS/PSE is essentially useless deleted]

The technical info is very much appreciated, by myself and subscribers
as well, presumably.  However, to suggest from the examples cited that
this technology is near useless sounds more like yet another govt.
smokescreen for their next-level technology, if you know what I mean,
and I think you do.

Thread