1996-10-29 - Re: When did Mondex ever claim to be anonymous?

Header Data

From: “L. Patrick Elam, III” <patelam3@mindspring.com>
To: “R.J.Blakemore” <cs94rjb@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Message Hash: 12e4f1ab45c50670f47437f4bfdb79edbfd0fe9d611f3fad2500b1b63c6da4d1
Message ID: <1.5.4.16.19961029035526.2257b0fc@pop.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:53:32 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "L. Patrick Elam, III" <patelam3@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:53:32 -0800 (PST)
To: "R.J.Blakemore" <cs94rjb@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: When did Mondex ever claim to be anonymous?

You have claimed many flaws with the Modex system and there are even more
you have not mentioned.  I won't go into that here, except one.  When the
hardward fails how do you purchase, enter, or exercise your rights of
purchase or entry?  Privacy, there is none with a system like the Modex.  A
trial was held in Atlanta during the Olympics and it was a total disaster.
The system worked half the time.  People had money they could not spend.
But, believe me the system is coming and the world doesn't need another
avenue of access to personal data and private issues.  Bring on the
encryption and encrypt every thing.

Pat Elam

Thread