1996-10-01 - Re: Another briefing in Atlanta on the NRC crypto report,… (fwd)

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Message Hash: 157e03cb1c8104d91692a6e931a159a1a9a475b4b1134b4751180e0d9b91c463
Message ID: <199610010621.XAA13158@dfw-ix6.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:25:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:25:23 +0800
To: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Subject: Re: Another briefing in Atlanta on the NRC crypto report,... (fwd)

I'm still waiting for a briefing from Dorothy Denning, Dave Maher,
and the rest of the Clipper Chip review team on their findings
and a final report :-)  They released a preliminary report,
saying that SkipJack was strong, and never did release a final report
analyzing Clipper itself - the Clipper protocols, the chip itself,
the master key loading system, or the master key handling procedures
(or if they did issue a final report, they didn't advertise it widely...)

                Bill Stewart

At 02:31 PM 9/30/96 -0700, Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org> forwarded:
>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 96 10:26:00 EST
>From: "CRYPTO" <crypto@nas.edu>
>Subject: Another briefing in Atlanta on the NRC crypto report,...
>
>Subject:
>Another briefing in Atlanta on the NRC crypto report, October 21, 1996
>  Cryptography's Role in Securing the Information Society
>  A Public Briefing in Atlanta, Georgia
>  Monday, October 21, 1996, 1:30-3:30 pm
>
>There will be a public briefing in Atlanta, Georgia by the National
>Research Council on this report.  The briefing will be held at the
>Manufacturing Research Center on the campus of the Georgia Institute of
>Technology on Monday October 21, from 1:30 to 3:30.   Dr. Herbert Lin,
>director of the NRC study will conduct the briefing.  Questions from the
>audience will be entertained. For further information, please contact Dr.
>Myron L. Cramer (404) 894-7292, <myron.cramer@gtri.gatech.edu> at the
>Georgia Tech Research Institute.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com