1996-10-23 - Re: Finally – A crypto question from me…HD encryption

Header Data

From: Perry Farrell <pneyz@armory.com>
To: Michael B Amoruso <h2@juno.com>
Message Hash: 18f4cfcf52a28ebaa3a5ee685f1a01531ac8f184b43dd2dca5ec36396e4abdb7
Message ID: <Pine.SCO.3.91.961022163414.27227C-100000@deepthought.armory.com>
Reply To: <19961022.120701.9990.2.h2@juno.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-23 02:22:18 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Perry Farrell <pneyz@armory.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: Michael B Amoruso <h2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Finally -- A crypto question from me...HD encryption

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Michael B Amoruso wrote:

> Are there any good programs out there that can encrypt my HD??  Since
> there probably are, please mention some and where I can get them.  Also,
> no one mention PGP.

Yes, the KOH disk encryption system. It is a small little thing that
encrypts the FAT (I believe) and nothing will work unless you know the
password. I also have a thing from the Navy that they use on their
computers which might encrypt the HD (I haven't checked it out yet). You
can find KOH at just about any extensive file listing of crypto or
hacking stuff. Try to find Silicone Toad's File Resources, as it has the
program.

					pneyz (pneyz@armory.com)

Thread